4globalbaku 4globalbakuforum

Baku: Application, Anticipation, Acceptance Letter

5:17:00 AMAdam Pascual


Manila, Philippines -- While scrolling through my feed, I stumble upon a prestigious conference searching for young applicants -- 100% funded to the capital of Azerbaijan. (c) Gunnar Knetchel Photography


Nizami Ganjavi International Center searched for 13 young leaders who will be the voice of today's youth and convey the generation's current status to the diplomatic table at the 4th Global Baku Forum “Towards a Multipolar World” which is to be held on 10-11 March 2016 in Baku, Azerbaijan.

Through NGIC’s first three years in existence, all the meetings have brought together more than 100 current and former presidents, prime ministers and other heads of government. For a more wholesome dialogue, hundreds of leaders from the public, private sectors and civil society were also present.

Global Baku Forum has already become premier event in the region, providing an opportunity for distinguished leaders and thinkers to discuss the ways and means to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges.

Application
The requirement is by far the simplest for me, yet the most difficult due to its broad nature. An applicant must create two essays. One is the Leadership Essay (up to 500 words;  Describe one specific example where you exercised leadership.

The essay should examine your personal characteristics that constitute your potential for leadership including: the ability to anticipate upcoming trends; the ability to inspire others to join in an effort to create change; and the character, values, and determination to persevere despite difficult and changing circumstances; or any other personal characteristics that you think are key to your success as a leader)

The second one is the Current Affairs Essay (up to 500 words; Choose an issue in contemporary social, international, business, environmental, diplomatic, arts, or other policy that is of interest to you.)

This essay should lay out the current factors and trends influencing the topic and make a realistic recommendation of how local, national, or international leaders should intervene to contribute to a more peaceful and prosperous future.

All the expenses of the confirmed participants will be covered by organizers (visa, air ticket, accommodation and meals).

My essays were a bit plain. I knew it wouldn't be enough but then I thought we all had a 500-word limit so I sent it anyway.

Anticipation
Tomorrow is judgement day. I've constantly refreshed my mail. The results should be out by today but I never received any notification and the center also said that they will only contact successful applicants. There's a side of me that gave up since it's already past the deadline.

I went to the group where the event was posted.

I had a funny feeling when I saw this post. I felt that God gave me another reason to be still and to stop worrying.

I lost track of it when I had tons of work to do at my Development Economics class.

The following day, I received an e-mail. My heart was about to pop into my throat. It was from the Nizami Ganjavi International Center.

Acceptance Letter

Dear Adam,

It is with great pleasure to inform you that you been selected as Young Leader to attend 4th Global Baku Forum to be held 10-11th of March 2016 in Baku, Republic of Azerbaijan.

For the young leaders there will be special program starting from 8th of March 2016.

For your visa procedure, please send us copy of your passport and flight details that our logistics department can issue it.

We wanted to request you to wait until you see the announcement on our site and social channels before you share the news via email or social media.

Congratulations again, and we are looking forward to this exciting announcement.

Huge thanks to Nizami Ganjavi International Center for giving me the platform to send our advocacy specifically "youth indifference towards climate change" and "pressing the youth to engage in diplomatic dialogue."


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Contact Form